My Zimbio

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Beautiful Long Hair Without Much Investment


Hair extensions will make me look younger, more fun and vibrant. I will look like a Hollywood star, the one who is actually good-looking. Men would want me so badly! Why not? So I did.
... And it totally worked!
I was told that I would get addicted. I thought, hey, I can work out twice a week, I have a will power! Turned out, when it came to hair extensions, I didn't. I gave in. It was easy to do. Pretty much every celebrity has been seduced. Natural-looking and reassuringly expensive, they make you appear younger (by babying-fying your face) and thinner (by out sizing your body)... I believe you have to surround yourself with beautiful things in order to become a better and more successful person. Being beautiful attracts not only men, but better jobs, better educational opportunities, better networking circles... You have to stand out in the crowd to get anywhere. Hair Extensions are surely a quick way of getting there.
Of course, there was a problem. Price.
"Men love long hair," trills my friend Jessica Mowey, 31, her golden extensions sweeping her waist. "My boyfriend loves it. My male friends are mesmerized by it. Girls are very jealous." Her colleagues don't know it's fake. An interior designer, she spends £1,200 on them every four months. "It's addictive. I'm not very curvaceous, but as soon as I had my hair long, I felt more feminine, more beautiful. This is my trademark now."
Yes, if you want to do it at a salon, you are looking at an average price of $1000 every 4 months. I did that for 3 years. You do the math.
I wish someone back then told me that there is a much less expensive alternative. It is really not that difficult to install hair extensions, especially if you have a friend who can give you a hand. Here it goes - saving you 4K a year which you are welcome to deposit into my retirement fund - DIY hair extension kits. There are quite a few of them - anything from glue, tape in, beaded (cold) extensions and all that for under $200. You can dye the hair, change your style every 4 months and all that without any harm to you own hair. I'd say give it a try!
As a hair extension virgin, be careful not to get super long hair. Be reasonable. Remember - very long hair demands a lot of attention. You will need to care for it just like you would for your own hair. So, start reasonably short and see how it goes.
One thing you can be sure about - you will look so much more feminine and sexy! Not that you are not awesome right now, but you know, there is always some space for improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment